Sunday, December 26, 2010

Another Christmas has come and gone...

So hard to believe another Christmas has come and gone...it just seems to be over so quickly.  All that planning and organizing and working so very hard to get it all just right and...POOF! It's over.  This year was bitter sweet for me.  Since I didn't get to make it home, it really didn't feel like Christmas.  But, I so completely enjoyed being in my own house, watching TV, cooking soup in the crock pot, knitting, napping and waiting on the coming snow storm.  Lord, this was heavenly.  Part of me feels like this is the ghost of Christmas future coming to visit me...giving me a glimpse of what is yet to come.

As my parents are approaching the end of their lives, holidays for me will take on a new meaning.  Today helped me see that I will have a choice in the impact these memory-filled days impact me.  I can be lonely, living in the past and sad...OR...I can chose to relish the down time and replenish my spirit...like I did today.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and made lots of memories with those you love.  But, I also hope you took some down time for yourself, to recharge your batteries and simply absorb the beauty of this season.

Thanks for stopping by Bob & Jo Ann's today!

All the best,
BJ

No comments: