Friday, November 26, 2010

Thinking...

I've been doing a lot of thinking about this blog...I really don't want it to be such a downer.  I guess the true reality is that there's no happy ending to this diary.  My mother is physically in a nursing home but she has been gone from us mentally for many years.  She will die in this nursing home and my dad will live alone for his remaining years.  But I don't want sadness and loss to be the focus of this diary.

I want to make sure that I capture not only this journey we are on, but I also hope to remember the times we've shared in the past...good and bad.  I guess I really want to celebrate Bob & Jo Ann's life, recognize how hard they have worked and how hard their lives have been.

There's nothing really new to report...my mom continues to slip away...ever so quietly...a little each day.  She is alert and able to speak but...she rarely makes any sense.  God love her.

I've been thinking a lot lately about Christmas and how much we all loved it when I was a kid...memories have been simmering that I haven't thought of in years...like the year my mom put up a silver tinsel tree instead of a real tree...how utterly mortified I was...I was 5 years old and felt as though Christmas had been stolen from us.

I've also uncovered a ton of old old OLD photos that I hope to share.  I'll be scanning them and including them in posts over the next few weeks.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. And...I hope you will continue to read this blog.  I promise to not be a Debbie Downer...it really is true that getting older is not for the faint of heart...but I promise to share the good, funny, entertaining, (hopefully) enlightening with the the sad.

All the best,
BJ

No comments: