Tuesday, December 28, 2010

History...

Given the luxury of having this entire week off, on top of the fact the weather has been snowy, today I focused on nesting and cleaning...Lord, this is awesome!  Cleaning out a closet beats a day at the office any day of the week!

I cleaned out the most disgusting closet ever and, boy, oh boy...was I ever rewarded! I discovered a long ago forgotten huge bag of things that once belonged to my grandmother.  Imagine my surprise when I discovered 2 beautiful, old handmade quilts.  One is almost 150 years old!  It scares me...I'm terrified I will destroy it because it seems to be very fragile.  More on that one in a later post.

The other one is not quite as old...probably around 75 to 80 years old and it's in good shape!  So...I wanted to find a cool way to use it and make sure it's a part of my home...here's what I came up with:


I never use my dining room so I don't have to worry about spilling anything on it...yet it's still prominently displayed.  I'm so excited!!!

For those of you snowed-in up north, I hope you are safe and warm and nesting like me!

All the best, 
BJ

1 comment:

Denise said...

That's a beautiful quilt! I'd be terrified to ruin quilts that old.